1 put back to
返回
This is our time-to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids.
这是我们的时代——让我们的人民重新就业,为我们的后代敞开机会的大门。
Change Has Come to America by Barack Obama
2 put behind
(为不受其影响)把(失败等)看作已完结的事情,忘记
A Everything I said to you last night was true.
昨晚我和你说的句句属实。
B We'll put it behind us, then?
那么我们就既往不咎了吧,好吗?
Gossip Girl(3*1)
3 put it
用语言表达,叙述,说明
A You continue to underestimate my capabilities.
你又在低估我的智商了。
B Okay, let me put it this way.
好了,这么说好了。
The Big Bang Theory(2*2)
4 put thought into
考虑,思考
A Would you take care of him?
你能照顾他吗?
B I want you to know that I put some thought into this.
我只是要你知道,我想过这件事了。
The Pursuit of Happiness
5 put through
接通电话
A Joanne won't put my calls through to you. I just need two minutes.
乔安妮不把我的电话转接给你。我只需要两分钟。
B You get 10 seconds till I get to my car.
在我开车之前,你有十秒钟的时间。
Nikita(1*3)
6 put up
做出,表现出,显示出
A He's putting up a facade, huh?
他是装出来的吧?
B Of course he is.
他当然是装的。
White Collar(2*1)
7 put out
使……停止燃烧,使熄灭
A What should I do now?
我现在应该干什么?
B You're going to put out that cigarette. We're gonna put this fight on hold.
你要把香烟熄掉。我们先暂停吵架。
Friends(9*4)
8 put sth. at risk
使……处于危险之中
It's not change to come up with a plan to address our housing crisis that puts another$300 billion of taxpayer money at risk.
如果解决房市危机的计划又将另外3,000亿美元即纳税人的钱置于风险之中,这不是变革。
The Change We Need by Barack Obama
Go On A Diet减肥
如今,减肥是人们在生活中最常提到的话题“a regular topic”,也是人们最不愿提起的话题“the most unpopular topic”。
你是否一不留神就胖了?我们可以这样来表达:“I gained lots of weight unexpectedly.我意外地长了不少肉。”这时,你肯定想为自己的体重做点什么,I am supposed to do something for my weight。怎么办呢?当然是两条:控制饮食“go on a diet”和加强锻炼“work out”。根据都市里生活的现有条件,你很可能制定这样的计划:1.Make it a habit to eat more vegetables instead of meat.养成多吃蔬菜的习惯,停止食肉。2.Use the stairs instead of taking elevator.不坐电梯,改爬楼梯。你的最终目标是减掉多少斤?“I am supposed to lose____.我准备减掉____公斤。”这个空留给你,因为每个人的起点不一样,目标当然因人而异了。锻炼固然好,千万不要采取突击式减肥的方式“crash diet”。道理很简单,冰冻三尺,非一日之寒。所以还得一步一步、持之以恒地进行。
现在,我要告诉你一个最有效的减肥方法,既不用节食,也不用锻炼,只要你看懂下面这段英文就行了:
Two women were shopping when they started to discuss their home lives.
One said:“Seems like all Alfred and I do anymore is fight. I've been so upset.I've lost 20 pounds.”“Why don't you just leave himthen?”asked her friend.“Oh, not yet.”the first replied.“I'd like to lose at least another 15 pounds first.”
两位女士在谈论家庭生活。其中一位正和丈夫处于“战争”之中,已经开始闹离婚,为此,体重急速下降,少了二十磅。“既然闹到如此地步,为什么不离了呢?”女朋友建议道。那位处于水深火热中的女士答道:“还不到时候,我打算再减至少十五磅才会跟他离婚。”
明白了吗?心情好,喝水都长肉,所以让生活的苦难来打击我们吧,至少可以快速减肥。
有关减肥的英文表达方式:
Lose weight 减掉体重
Reduce weight 降低体重
Cut down one's weight 减肥
Wear off the fat 消耗脂肪
Work off surplus fat 消耗多余的脂肪
Keep fit 健身,运动(意指开始减肥)